Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Narrative Poetry


Image : http://www.flickr.com


I like to write poems. I arm myself with paper and pen in hand, and accept any challenge is to form a new gasket.

Last year I was first asked the question if I'm accepting the challenge and was buried on the battlefield. Of course, I am a perfectionist, but what would a man feel free to play with poetry for almost thirty years before charging? It was the kind of storytelling.

I'm not talking about the epic ballad, or - are the types ofnarrative poetry - rhyming or other stories. I refer to the more modern, free, poetry, fiction. It 'was as if everything I've ever done otherwise. For me it was more like a story of a poem. I also remember wondering how he was called off with the poem could.

Example, to read: (it is easy to find on Google, if you are not familiar with them)

Winter Sundays by Robert Hayden

The pile of wood by Robert Frost

I write stories and poems, but when Iwrite a poem - I am in the mode of poetry, and I was stuck in neutral. How could the poet-in-Me-mix of the two?

Stephen Minot, said that in three genres - The writing of poetry, prose and drama, "Narrative is so obviously a structure for the poetry, as is prose."

Poet-in-Me also streamlined the story-writer-in-Me borrows things from the "Toolbox Poet" to give a story more effectively, why not borrow a knock on his door and a couple of things?

Narrative Poetry basicsearly

BRIEF HISTORY

Narrative poetry is poetry that tells a story and can be traced back to Homer and possibly beyond.

The following conditions must

* Telling a story.

* Pay particular attention to rhythm and sound.

What's Choice COULD HAVES or the poet in all this?

* Choose if not the form or even a particular form (also known as a ballad, etc.)

* Pictures - the depth of images until the author - but keep in mind that a primaryThe poem is part of the symbolism, and write a poem that tells a story, not a story.

* Rhyme - use or not - internal, external or not.

As I tried to stories in my poems, I feel as if I were some of the best jobs I've ever written in my life. It is a door that I never knew was locked and opened more than a threshold in a country that had never been.

Simply, it helped me grow as a writer.

Writing exercise: If you are a writer who actuallyretains more of a poet, try writing poetry, fiction, as a way to build a bridge to history. If you are primarily a storyteller, uses the form of a story on the way to the seal easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment