Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Burning Autumn Leaves [a composition in Spanish and English]


Image : http://www.flickr.com


Burning Autumn Leaves

[1950 in St. Paul, Minn.]

My long steel rake has drilled

And twisted with tons of autumn leaves

(Back in the '50s);

And there's a hill, I did not rake, I see

Behind two causeways

I do not rake leaves days before;

The essence of the case, sleeping on the floor.

I like the smell of burning leaves:

Today I seem to dream of them.

I can not shake the emotionsI

Sight and smell of leaves burning.

Now the city will not allow the combustion

Not sure what is in place:

Illusions and dreams, I think.

But every leaf that now appears in the autumn

I still hear the roar of the fire, see

The flickering flame of burning leaves, I

It can also smell - the autumn leaves long ago.

I had too much of spreadsheets, I think.

Are nowold and tired, too tired to comb the hills;

But I still like the calculation, not sure why.

There were a thousand days I tilted, then

Hand held, the rake, which struck the earth --

Spiked in the dirt collection of these creatures (leaves)

As sleep-thieves, thieves.

This effort of mine will never go away, I'm afraid

It's called aging, or something like that, so I will have to find

Another place to smell the burning leaves in autumn;

And maybe, perhaps, not only ting the calculation:

Before long, long, long sleep.

# 771 7/24/05

Spanish

Ardientes Hojas de otoño
(Los años de 1950 en St. Paul. Minnesota)

Wed Rastrillo Largo de acero y puntiagudo Pincho

Y god vuelta a través de toneladas de hojas

(Atrás en los años 50);

Y aún hay a choline rastrillo que no, yo veo

Detrás de esto, dos terraplenes

Hojas de que yo norastrillo give a hare;

La esencia del otoño sleep sobre el piso.

Me gusta la esencia de las hojas Ardiano;

Yo parezco sonar ellas estos días.

No puedo sacudirme el que consigo enthusiasm

De la vista y los de hojas olores quemar:

Ahora la ciudad no quemar permitiría,

No seguro de que puede tomar lugar:

Just thinking y el optimismo Sonando, Pienso

Pero cada hoja que ahora aparece, en otoño

Yo Sigooyendo crujir el del Fuego veo

Parpadear el de las llamas de hojas Ardiano; yo

Aún puedo oler-las hojas de otoño de hare tiempo.

Ha tenido demasiado rastrillo hojas, creo yo --

Cansado y ahora yo estoy Viejo, demasiado cansado

para esas colinas rastrillo;

Aun rastrillo deseando todavía y no seguro ¿Por qué?

Días en que hubo entonces rastrillo miles, is

Incurred before the hand, el que la Rastrillo golpeoTierra --

Clavet, dentro de aquellos on suciedad-Capture

bichos (sheets)

Ladrones Como ladrones durmiendo.

Este cansancio mío no se irá jamás, yo Temo

Esto es llamado envejecimiento or vejez, entonces yo tendré

que encontrar

Otro lugar, para las hojas en otoño Ardiano oler;

Talvez Y, posibilidad de un intent de hacer justo rastrillo:

Antes de largo, largo, largo sueño muy.

# 771 7/24/05

No comments:

Post a Comment