Monday, February 15, 2010

How to write a song


Image : http://www.flickr.com


Have you ever wished that your song was played on the radio? Could be. It's not that hard if you know the formula. Follow with a little 'of creativity, a bit' of knowledge, a little 'luck and a good formula that could be your next song is one of the greatest successes.

Songwriting is easy for some, and it is very difficult for others. I have actually written songs in his sleep, and immediately after awakening, written in haste as I could get the words on paper.

What Idiscuss here is popular songwriting, like the songs you hear on the radio. A good pop song, whether rock, country, middle of the road is composed of two things: a catchy melody and some good lyrics.

There is a formula that most great songwriters use to write great songs. He sees the structure used to write a song. Sure, it's music, and art, to which the rules are not hard and fast. But if you can increase your song on the radio, this is a good starting positionPeriod.

Here's the formula. Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, bridge, chorus.

Writing on paper to leave a lot of space between each word and this is your script.

Verse

The verse is part of the song, which tells the story, the part that leads the choir. Each verse is different, in general, says another part, or to record that history. It explains in general as the things you have to sing in the choir.

Chorus.

The choirPart of the song that is repeated after each verse. The texts are usually the same each time the chorus comes around. The verse usually leads to the chorus and the chorus is usually paid to listen to the verses Does that make sense?

Here's an example of a blade (which is not thought to give you my best work, right?)

(V.)

My dog is sick, has a mint

He is my best friend, do not let it end

(Chorus)

Oh, poor me, can not you see

Woe to me!Can never be free

(V.)

My car broke down just outside the city

E 'was driven, but returned

(Chorus)

Oh, poor me, can not you see

Woe to me, I will always be free

Well, when you stop laughing at my heart song lame for a minute, I want you to think if you understand my point. Songwriting is storytelling. The verse tells the problems, the chorus expresses the results or the emotions.

Well, now that you knowmastery, fight the bridge. Ah, yes, there's the song that the pain and release. We need the variety. This is what the bridge is the deviation from the verse and the chorus.

The bridge may have a slightly different melody, or could even lead to a different rhythm or a different time (Elvis' "Suspicious Minds" is a lot of work) for this technique.

We return to the lame song and add a bridge:

(V.)

My dog is sick, has aTick

He is my best friend, do not let it end

(Chorus)

Oh, poor me, can not you see

Woe to me, I will always be free

(V.)

My car broke down just outside the city

E 'was driven, but returned

(Chorus)

Oh, poor me, can not you see

Woe to me, I will always be free

(Bridge)

Tomorrow is a better day, I have a new truck was on its way

My dog just a flea it seems, so once again I live my dreams

(Chorus)

OhWoe was me, you can not see

Woe, I was, but now I'm free

The bridge offers a solution to the problems I had. Do not want to leave the audience on the edge of suicide, we want to give them hope.

Yes, I pointed out, the text of the chorus. This was done to reflect my new found joy.

One thing on formula. E 'as you come, but most verses and chorus lines of 4. So, instead:

(V.)

Oh, dear me, you can notsee

Woe to me, I will always be free

(V.)

My car broke down just outside the city

E 'was driven, but returned

would be:

Oh, poor me, can not you see

Woe to me, I will always be free

My car broke down just outside the city

E 'was driven, but returned

The same goes for the chorus. Even if you are creative, do as you wish. But for a new songwriter, this gives you some guidelines to scratch out and start carvingTheir new creation.

Another thing that I'm not the notes of the melody so high that your fans can sing. Certainly we are not all of Stevie Wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment