Friday, November 19, 2010

Michael Jackson Article Ideas

Michael Jackson


As many of you, I was shocked and saddened when I heard the news that Michael Jackson died of cardiac arrest . While I was watching the massive news coverage of Jackson's, his career, and his death on CNN and several other news outlets, I realized that this is a great opportunity for those of you who write on pop culture, society, news, or celebrity articles to get a surge of traffic while paying tribute to a legendary music icon.

I did some quick research and the month prior to his death,  24,900,000 people searched globally on Google for "Michael Jackson". That's just one month, and of course that was a month before his death. So just imagine what's going on now - this month the numbers will probably triple.

Now while you may not be able to rank in the search engines for Jackson's name, there are literally dozens if not hundreds of long-tail MJ keyword phrases that you could absolutely rank for if you get writing like yesterday!

Need a few ideas?

Here's a few writing prompts...

The first time I heard a Michael Jackson record I was...
I bought my first (Jackson's name) album...
(Jackson's name) was an inspiration to my  life because...
(Jackson's name) was a great example of...
What we can learn from (Jackson's name) life is...
What we should remember about (Jackson's name) is...

I call this type of article marketing writing "magic-bullet articles". While you couldn't nor shouldn't write magic-bullet articles everyday, they are perfect for driving a huge surge of traffic to your site as long as the topic makes sense for your market.

Magic bullet articles are ones written with some sort of current event or celebrity tie-in. When done properly, these types of keyword rich articles will bring you massive amounts of traffic in a short-period of time. And while they are not necessarily "evergreen" traffic sources, it is great to have an arsenal of these types of articles in your article marketing campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment