Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Michael Jackson Tribute - He Inspired Me & So Many Others

My Michael Jackson Tribute begins by saying that Michael Jackson poster that is still hanging up in my room to this day. I also still have a drawer in my room with Michael Jackson memorabilia. I'm so glad that I kept everything.

As a child, every year, I had a Michael Jackson birthday cake. He was a big part of my childhood, and I am so thankful for every joyful moment.

Michael Jackson

On Sept. 10, 2001 (the day before 9/11), I was in New York City for Michael's 30th Anniversary Celebration. After that show, I called my mother, and I told her all about it. Later, she commented that the phone call was the happiest and most excited she's ever heard me. I think that God really made that show possible. God allowed Michael to put smiles on so many faces that night. We were able to have a night full of joy and happiness (before the terrorist attacks the next day).

Michael Jackson Tribute - He Inspired Me & So Many Others

I had tickets to see Michael in concert on July 18, 2009. It would've been another exciting day for me. However, I'm so happy and grateful that I was able to attend the concert in 2001, and I have so many wonderful memories of Michael that I will carry with me. His music will live on forever.

Michael is in the Guinness Book of World Records for selling more albums than any other artist. He has touched so many people's lives all around the world.

Reverend Run (from Run DMC) said that after he heard Michael's song, "Ben", he knew he wanted to be an entertainer. Kobe Bryant said that Michael told him that it was okay to be different. By different, he meant that it was okay to be immersed in your craft. Kobe said that Michael's success didn't just happen by chance. Michael had goals/dreams, and he made them happen. One of my friends from high school told me that because of Michael's song, "Man in the Mirror," he decided to go into the nonprofit/human services realm and run for office. Another friend told me that when he was younger, his football coach told him to study Michael Jackson. Michael had such a positive energy about him. His coach said that's the kind of energy you want to give off. Michael was the 1st African American artist to be played on MTV. He paved the way for so many other artists.

Michael was also a humanitarian. He loved helping people (especially children). He had such a kind heart.

He was an extremely hard worker. He paid attention to detail, and he made his dreams become a reality.

Let's all strive to work a little bit harder, set goals, and make our dreams comes true. Let's also always remember about the importance of giving back and helping others. Think of ways you can make a difference in someone's life. Put a smile on a stranger's face. Go out and do something you're passionate about. Discover and live your life's purpose and passions. Do something to make the world a better place.

My Michael Jackson Tribute comes to a close with the following quote from Michael's song, "Man in the Mirror."

"If you wanna make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and then make that change."

Michael Jackson Tribute - He Inspired Me & So Many OthersHalo: Reach - Achievement HORSE #2 Video Clips. Duration : 10.42 Mins.


Jack and Geoff kick off (officially) their new Halo: Reach HORSE series. This week they battle back and forth for supreme supremacy.

Keywords: Achievement, Hunter, Halo, Reach, Horse, Jack, Geoff, Forge, Maps, Funny

No comments:

Post a Comment