Friday, December 17, 2010

Michael Jackson Tribute

July 7, 2009 - Tuesday
Michael Jackson Memorial

As Mariah Carey began to croon a heart felt rendition of Michael Jackson's "I'll be There" I felt a twinge and finally a tear, twelve days following the death of the inescapable icon. I immediately recalled the final show of the first season of "Karaoke Krazy" when my co-host and I sang that song as the final number.

Michael Jackson

I remember why I chose that song over all others. It was because, as an entertainer, I felt there was no other choice. There are many reasons for this. I began singing when I was two and by the time I was able to see and comprehend television the Jackson Five was beginning to make history. I remember my mother telling me "Michael Jackson. And the children responded. But teaching took a back seat to the entertainment business for me because when its in your blood, in your bones, you can never really escape it, and because I eventually realized you really have to be Michael Jackson to change the thoughts and minds of a culture or cultures.

Michael Jackson Tribute

Michael Jackson's concert was the first I ever attended. His posters were on my wall. I remember waiting and waiting for the Billy Jean and Thriller video's that were to make history on the notoriously white oriented MTV. Every dance move Brenda and I choreographed had its roots in Michael's feet. Eventually, I acquired a manager and promoter who make me continually study Michael Jackson's moves. And even at 47, I still find myself moonwalking of pop. But he is what gave my life's work its successes. He is what made me understand the problems with poverty and disparity. And if you think about it, let's be honest, wouldn't it be nice to see EVERYONE try to better themselves by reaching for goals and being productive?

Try to understand the enormous responsibility that comes with such enormous fame and forgive the mistakes that even the smallest of us make. Remember the boy that sacrificed a childhood to bring the world together and make it a better place for everyone..."We are the World." Remember to dream, as Michael did. Remember the face of his distraught daughter at the memorial who said, "I love you daddy, you were the best daddy in the world. I am going to miss you so much." And remember to say to a friend, "I'll be there," for the man we all grew up with is gone...and it could happen you.

Thank you Michael Jackson. Your legacy continues. "Just Smile."

Michael Jackson TributeX-Men Evolution: Season 2, Episode 13 Video Clips. Duration : 21.40 Mins.


GET ALL FOUR SEASONS ON ITUNES! X-Men: Evolution Season 1 itunes.apple.com X-Men: Evolution Season 2 itunes.apple.com X-Men: Evolution Season 3 itunes.apple.com X-Men: Evolution Season 4 itunes.apple.com The Bayville High Sadie Hawkins dance arrives, and everybody is scrambling for dates. Jean is highly jealous of Scott's date. In the meanwhile, Forge constructs a device which augments Nightcrawler's teleportation, but is unaware that vicious monsters from Kurt's bamf dimension will now be able to enter Earth.

Keywords:

No comments:

Post a Comment